Saturday, 18 May 2013
A referencing card game, based on Gin Rummy.
Thanks to Carol writing them up, instructions follow:
To collect a set (or run) of referencing elements for either a book, British Standard, journal or website.
Instructions of how to play
1. This game can be played with a minimum of two players and a maximum of six.
2. Shuffle the cards well and deal five cards per player.
3. Each player takes it in turns to take a card from the pile, they can either keep that card and discard one from their hand or discard that card.
4. If a player turns a joker card, they may use that to represent their chosen element of the reference.
5. When a player has a complete reference, they shout “Harvard” and show their hand in the correct order. They are then the winner.
6. If a player shouts “Harvard” and either it wrong or they place it down incorrectly, they miss a turn.
7. Beware of red herrings!
Emma also wrote this up in more detail on her blog.